VDSlib Reference Manual
VDSlib: The Basics
- An introduction to the View-Dependent Simplification library.
Building the vertex tree
- Routines for constructing the VDSlib vertex tree.
Dynamic vertex tree maintenance
- Routines for controlling simplification at run-time.
Budget Based Simplification
- Given a triangle budget render the best simplification.
Rendering the current simplification
- Routines for rendering the vertex tree.
Vertex tree file I/O
- Routines for reading and writing vertex trees.
Standard callbacks: folding/unfolding nodes
- Simple example criteria for simplifying the vertex tree.
Standard callbacks: rendering nodes
- Simple example routines for rendering the vertex tree.
Standard callbacks: testing node visibility
- Simple example criteria for vertex tree visibility culling.
Standard callbacks: common routines and variables
- Common routines and globals used by the standard callbacks.
Standard library: a simple octree-based clustering algorithm
- Routines for building a VDS vertex tree using a VERY simple
octree-based clustering scheme.
- Some important macros used to configure VDSlib.
Manipulating vdsNodePath structures.
- Macros for examining and changing the path to a vdsNode.
General-purpose utility routines
- Debugging and utility routines used throughout VDSlib.
These pages document the
View-Dependent Simplification library by David Luebke. VDSlib
provides a simple, flexible framework for dynamically simplifying
polygonal models as a viewer moves through a 3-D scene.
alphabetic index hierarchy of classes